A group of Microsoft Innovation Centers (MIC) will be linked by a unique free startup training program, connecting entrepreneurs to resources and support they need in validating and building their ideas into solutions. The MICs in Karachi, Pakistan, Kathmandu, Nepal, Santiago, Chile, and Yerevan, Armenia are recruiting early stage teams to join the MIC Pre-Accelerator Program for an intensive 10-week journey to go from concept through customer acquisition.
Each week the selected teams will go through specialized training and have access and support from the international community. The program will culminate in the MIC DEMO WEEK during the last week in April, where a global audience will witness the product demonstrations and startups will receive feedback from experts in each of the partner countries.
The MIC Pre-Accelerator Program is founder-friendly:
· NO equity taken in your company!
· NO application fees
· Focus is on building great entrepreneurs who can execute of big ideas
· A top-notch curriculum of highly practical workshops and training sessions
· Access to the collaborative working space in the MIC office
· Mentoring from a vetted network of local, national and international entrepreneurs and experts
· Exposure to qualified investors
· A demo week celebration
· And more awesome surprises…
The MIC Pre-Accelerator Program focuses on individual development. We want you to succeed so we established some guidelines based on what has worked with our companies:
- – We are seeking teams of 2 to 4 founders with complementary skills (business AND technical, design a plus)
- – Teams must be committed to working together through the 12-week program a minimum of 40 hours a week – even the part-time programs will require 25+ hours of work outside of meeting times- Founding team members must speak English
We place a great deal of importance on the team, how solid they are and their ability to be coached and to take feedback.
The MIC Pre-Accelerator supports big, disrupt-the-industry visions:
· The concept should be an innovative web or mobile technology solution that addresses a clear market need both in your country and the region, at a minimum
· The business is still in the idea phase, you may be doing some research and speaking with customers but you are still defining your value proposition
· The company should still be pre-revenue
· Having some form of an intellectual property (patents, trademarks) opportunity is a plus but not a requirement
MIC Pre-Accelerator experience will be focused on validating your concept, building your MVP, and developing the roadmap for execution.